The number of credit card offers clogging mailboxes took a nosedive in this year’s second quarter, 1.54 billion vs 1.8 billion for the same period last year. An aftershock of the credit crunch and sub-prime meltdown, the decrease reflects a shift in the banking industries thinking, trending towards higher standards from its borrowers than merely the fact that they are carbon-based lifeforms. A good way to take that number even lower is to register with OptOutPrescreen.com and stop the tide of credit card offers almost entirely.
Credit Card Junk Mail Decreases By 260 Million
By Ben Popken September 2, 2008
- more protections needed Restricting Debt Collection Doesn’t Limit Credit Availability
- where credit is due Banks Mail Out Pre-Activated Credit Cards, Don’t See The Problem
- get your booties on Get Ready For A Flood Of Credit Card Offers From Your Bank
- Payin' It Down Consumers Have Paid Down $32.5B In Credit Card Debt So Far This Year, But It’s Still Not Enough
- you always hurt the ones you love 3 Ways You Could Be Hurting Your Credit Score Even If You Pay Your Bills On Time