American Airlines and the FAA are still arguing over the MD-80 debacle that affected 350,000 air travelers. Was it the FAA’s fault for going back on a promise to give American more time? Or was the airline lazy? [WSJ]
- safety first American Airlines Should Not Have Told Family They Couldn’t Use FAA-Approved Safety Harness
- the land of the fee New Bill Aims To Limit “Ridiculous” Airline Fees For Checked Bags, Cancellations
- tracking the impact Does Southwest’s “Bags Fly Free” Policy Hurt On-Time Performance?
- knowing your refund rights Don’t Get Stuck Paying For A Flight You Can’t Take; Know Your Airline’s 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
- taking it seriously Airlines Verbally Warning Passengers To Not Use Samsung Note 7 During Flights