Last week the best radio show ever, This American Life, tackled the housing and credit crisis by talking to some of the real people involved with packaging junk no-proof loans into “sensible” investments. In the words of host Ira Glass and friends, it all comes back to “The Giant Pool Of Money.” [This American Life]
By Ben Popken May 13, 2008
- well that's settled DOJ Finally Confirms Record-Setting $16.65B Settlement With Bank Of America
- moody's blues DOJ, States To Sue Moody’s Credit Rating Agency For Role In Mortgage Meltdown
- a new set of issues Airbnb Hosts Having Difficulty Refinancing Homes
- credit problems Poor Credit Reports Start Vicious Economic Cycle; Can It Be Stopped?
- imagine that New Rule Requiring Banks To Make Sure Borrowers Can Actually Repay Mortgages Goes Into Effect This Week