Nicole’s computer seemed to have developed water damage after she sent it in to Geek Squad, a favor for which they wanted to charge her $730. After her story posted to The Consumerist, some higher-ups cattle-prodded Sam, in charge of Geek Squad’s “Public Defender” team, and he jumped into action. Now Nicole has her computer back, completely repaired, free of charge. She says, “Sam at Geek Squad corporate was really helpful.” Woot, internet pillory wins again!
Geek Squad Replaces Soaked Computer For Free
By Ben Popken April 28, 2008
- child pornography Defendant: Geek Squad Employee Was Paid FBI Informant, Searched Devices Illegally
- Getting A Makeover Best Buy’s Geek Squad Ditches Retro-Chic Beetles For Environmentally-Friendly Priuses
- free geeks Best Buy’s Geek Squad Deploys To Help Air Travelers For Free
- Sticky Virtual Fingers Apple: No Evidence Apple Store Workers Stole Photos From Customers’ iPhones
- they are in your house Best Buy Pilot Program Sends Non-Geek Squad Techs To Your House