Here is another slide from my recent powerpoint where I tried to convince a room full of marketing guys why you should tell the truth. This fly is your company’s shameful behavior. Around it is amber. The amber is the internet. If you mess up and it gets posted online, it will be preserved online forever. Forever! For all time. Just like in Jurassic Park, in the future, a blogger or a customer can come across this chunk of DNA of your shameful behavior and make it into a new monster. If the scientists on Jurassic Park island were playing God, then Google is God, and slave to anyone with an internet connection.
The Internet Preserves Your Shame Like A Fly In Amber
By consumerist.com April 24, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Should We Have The “Right To Be Forgotten” By Google In U.S.?
- Amazon Is Data Mining Reviewers’ Personal Relationships
- Petsitter Sues Couple For $6,766 Over Negative Yelp Review
- Man With Prosthetic Leg Says He Was Told To Stay Off Water Park’s Slides
- Comcast CEO Says “You Can’t Keep Raising The Price Forever,” But Does It Anyway