Here is another slide from my recent powerpoint where I tried to convince a room full of marketing guys why you should tell the truth. This fly is your company’s shameful behavior. Around it is amber. The amber is the internet. If you mess up and it gets posted online, it will be preserved online forever. Forever! For all time. Just like in Jurassic Park, in the future, a blogger or a customer can come across this chunk of DNA of your shameful behavior and make it into a new monster. If the scientists on Jurassic Park island were playing God, then Google is God, and slave to anyone with an internet connection.
The Internet Preserves Your Shame Like A Fly In Amber
By consumerist.com April 24, 2008
- security Park-N-Fly And OneStopParking Confirm Suspected Breaches
- forget me now Should We Have The “Right To Be Forgotten” By Google In U.S.?
- you're doing it wrong Another Year That Shouldn’t Have Been: The 50 Most Embarrassing Stories From 2015
- i've fallen and i can't get up This LifeAlert Ad Is Creepier Than American Horror Story
- life finds a way Dinosaur Experts In Uproar After Hasbro Referred To ‘Jurassic World’ Raptor Toys As Male