United Airlines canceled 31 flights today to test the fire suppression system. It’s just the latest in a series of self-imposed groundings and butteningups by airlines hoping to avoid the negative PR Southwest experienced when a CNN investigation three weeks ago revealed the airline flew over 100 plans with thousands of passengers while skipping required safety inspections.
United Airlines Cancels 31 Flights
By consumerist.com April 2, 2008
- looking for information Lawmaker Questions Airlines, Plane Manufacturers On Cybersecurity Measures
- the no fly zone Senators Want Airlines To Explain Recent Outages & Why Travelers Couldn’t Be Rebooked On Competing Carriers
- knowing your refund rights All Major U.S. Airlines Offer Free Cancellations Within 24 Hours, Except One
- bring on the canceled flights Are More Airline Outages Inevitable? Some Experts Think So
- up in the air Southwest Gets OK To Continue Flying 128 Planes That Missed Inspections