The AP made a major correction to a Verizon FiOS story we posted about yesterday. In that story, Verizon’s head of FiOS stuff for apartments said that Verizon wouldn’t be able to run optical cable up to all the apartments in two Manhattan apartment complexes and would use coaxial for the last leg. Verizon said not all apartments have the specs needed to install a necessary wall-mounted box. After the story came out, Verizon now says that it does plan to run optical to all the way up apartments that order FiOS. You may have to give up your medicine cabinent, but hey, you’re blazing with the speed of FiOS, baby!
Customers Will Get FiOS Optical All The Way To Their Apartments, Verizon Plans
By consumerist.com March 25, 2008
- fix it yourself Verizon’s Refusal To Repair Landline Service Leaves Elderly Man Without Phone For Months
- fighting words Cablevision Sues Verizon Over FiOS Ads, Claims Verizon’s Touted All-Fiber Network Actually Isn’t
- big apple v. big red NYC Says Verizon Defaulted On Its Agreement To Make FiOS Available Citywide
- broken promises New York City Audit Calls Out Verizon For Failure To Build Out FiOS Network As Promised
- coincidental we're sure New Jersey Mayors “Concerned” That Verizon FiOS Buildout Seems To Be Skipping The Low-Income Areas