Wondering where the tax money you pay into the NYC public school system is going? Well, part of it goes to pay the salaries of about 700 teachers who are forced to sit in special rooms that are located all over the city. All day. And do nothing. Sometimes for years at a time. [Rubber Room via BuzzFeed]
More From Consumerist
- AirBNB Apologizes For Passive-Aggressive Ads Making City Budget Suggestions
- Here’s What You Should Know About Philadelphia’s New Tax On Soda
- ClassPass Ticks Off NYC Customers By Raising Unlimited Membership Prices
- John Oliver’s Rousing Speech Rallies American Sports Fans To Stop Wasting Public Money On Stadiums
- Why Did Two Of My Kohl’s Store Credit Card Payments Go Missing?