Cash Tomato, a would-be YouTube! competitor, tried to drum up free advertising by handing out tomatoes wrapped with wads of cash in New York’s Union Square. The event was scheduled to kick-off yesterday at 2:29 p.m. to honor the leap year with giveaways of up to $29. Predictably, a riot ensued as a mob of over 100 overwhelmed the three workers dressed as tomatoes who were holding the cash. Video of the riot, after the jump.
Worst Promotion Ever Causes Riot In Union Square As Hipsters Fight For Cash-Wrapped Tomatoes
By consumeristcarey March 1, 2008
- cash race What’s The Fastest Way To Beam 10 Bucks To A Friend?
- just give me one of everything I Tried 21 Variations Of New Pizza Hut Offerings And Survived
- yer outta here Walmart Employee Says He Was Fired For Waiting 30 Minutes To Turn In $350 He Found In Parking Lot
- worst birthday ever The Hot Potato Principle: Why This Grandma’s Bank Stuck Her With Counterfeit Cash
- make tomatoes delicious again Scientists Reinstalling “Tasty” Genes In Supermarket Tomatoes