Cash Tomato, a would-be YouTube! competitor, tried to drum up free advertising by handing out tomatoes wrapped with wads of cash in New York’s Union Square. The event was scheduled to kick-off yesterday at 2:29 p.m. to honor the leap year with giveaways of up to $29. Predictably, a riot ensued as a mob of over 100 overwhelmed the three workers dressed as tomatoes who were holding the cash. Video of the riot, after the jump.
Worst Promotion Ever Causes Riot In Union Square As Hipsters Fight For Cash-Wrapped Tomatoes
By consumeristcarey March 1, 2008
- yer outta here Walmart Employee Says He Was Fired For Waiting 30 Minutes To Turn In $350 He Found In Parking Lot
- and another one gone Fast-Casual Chain Cosi Declares Bankruptcy, Shutters 29 Locations
- out with the old in with the new Bank Of America Following Chase’s Lead, Joining Card-Free ATM Party
- scamalamadingdong Buddhist Leaders Telling NYC Tourists To Beware Fake Monks Who Solicit Donations
- Science Says It's So Science Explains Why Refrigerated Tomatoes Lack Flavor