In response to consumer backlash, Verizon has decided to make it so alarms on its new phones don’t go off on its phones when you dial 911. This is so if you hide and call 911 when a prowler breaks in, you don’t give them a handy homing signal. [KOMO]
By consumerist.com February 19, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Wireless Companies Have A Plan To Make Your Mobile Data Faster And Better… But It Might Break WiFi
- What The Heck Is 5G Anyway, And Why Does It Matter?
- The Consumerist Guide To Understanding Your Verizon FiOS Bill
- Report: Butt Dials Are Clogging The 9-1-1 System
- Verizon Continues To Follow Others, Now Offers To Pay For Customers To Switch