Woman Finds Thumbtack In Snack Wrap, McDonald's "Takes It Very Seriously"

WHO: Stephani Ann Carpenter was finishing off the last bite of her snack wrap when she bit into something hard that pierced her tongue.
WHAT: Stephani had bitten into a thumbtack. Sheriffs investigated and determined that the tack had probably fallen from a cork board that was located above where the snack wraps were made.
WHERE: Port Charlotte woman: pin in McDonald’s snack [Herald Tribune] (Thanks, Cory!)
THE QUOTE: “Nothing is more important than the safety of our customers,” said Paul Van Sickle, director of operations for McDonald’s Florida Region. “This was an isolated incident which we take very seriously. We always strive to give our customers an enjoyable and pleasant restaurant experience in a clean and safe environment.”

(Photo:Marike79)