The FDA’s announcement today that cloned beef and dairy is safe was met with criticism by several consumer groups, which isn’t surprising, and the US Department of Agriculture, which is—they say that food producers should continue to honor a “voluntary moratorium” for the indefinite future until consumers have time to learn to love cloned beef. [Washington Post]
By cwalters January 15, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Inspector General: FDA Still Takes Too Long To Recall Tainted Food Products
- How Safe Is Your Ground Beef?
- USDA Buying 11 Million Pounds Of Surplus Cheese For Food Pantries
- New Legislation Tries To Clear Up Confusion Over “Sell By,” “Best By” & Other Expiration Dates
- Health Authorities: Raw Milk From PA Dairy Linked To Fatal Case Of Listeriosis