The FDA’s announcement today that cloned beef and dairy is safe was met with criticism by several consumer groups, which isn’t surprising, and the US Department of Agriculture, which is—they say that food producers should continue to honor a “voluntary moratorium” for the indefinite future until consumers have time to learn to love cloned beef. [Washington Post]
By cwalters January 15, 2008
- save the date Grocery Industry To Let “Sell-By” Labels Expire
- food safety How Safe Is Your Ground Beef?
- what's the hold up? Inspector General: FDA Still Takes Too Long To Recall Tainted Food Products
- your basic food groups From The Cranberry Institute To Pickle Packers International: A Guide To Food Industry Trade Groups
- recalls Organic Ground Beef Sold At Wegmans Stores Recalled Due To Plastic Fragments