One of the dangers to watch out for when buying a home are the various kinds of fees that can crop up, and comparison shopping these fees is not always easy. Now there’s a new site that gives you a reasonable baseline you can expect, specific to your area and property deal. Input your transaction, property and occupancy type, purchase price, and zipcode, and FeeDisclosure.com will tell what various fees you can expect in getting your mortgage. Much-needed transparency for a notoriously murky and shark-infested industry.
FeeDisclosure.com Analyzes Mortgage Fees
By consumerist.com December 24, 2007
- protecting your plastic New Prepaid Debit Card Rules Add Protections, Improve Transparency; Take Effect Oct. 2017
- what's in your broadband? FCC, CFPB Announce Nutrition-Like Labels For Broadband
- You're Charging For What? Until Banks Settle On Single Way To Disclose Fees, It’s Hard To Compare Checking Accounts
- unbanked Prepaid Debit Cards Are Not Quite As Terrible As They Used To Be
- not quite real estate How To Avoid Getting Scammed When You Sell A Timeshare