Scott is pissed because he had his hopes geared up for a $99 Navigon 2100 portable GPS unit from Staples. All the advertising said the sale started at 6am. After dutifully waiting until 6am, he ordered the item Then he found out that some people had been calling in to the 1800 Staples # since 4 that morning, placing orders, and it was now out of stock. No GPS for Scott, who is now mad. If you advertise the heck out of a 6am starting time, you better make sure everyone abides by it. At least, unlike other shoppers across the nation, Scott was able to miss out on the doorbuster deal from the comfort, convenience, and warmth of his own home.
Patient Shoppers Screwed When Staples Opens Early For Some
By consumerist.com November 23, 2007
- [redacted] Judge Scolds FTC For Maybe Telling Amazon Exec What To Say In Staples-Office Depot Hearing
- an unusual turn of events Staples & Office Depot Ask Judge To Toss Antitrust Lawsuit Without Defending Merger
- maybe a stapler too Maybe Focusing On School Supplies Will Help Staples Cope After Failed Merger
- where's my stuff? Vessyl Backers Still Waiting For Smart Cups Slated For Early 2015 Debut — So What’s The Holdup?
- fanprotect guarantee-ish How StubHub’s Policies Let Greedy Ticket Sellers Screw Fans Over