PIRG volunteers are manning booths in campuses nationwide designed to look like fictional “FEESA” credit card stand, BusinessWeek reports, except passing out lollipops that say “don’t be a sucker” and informational brochures about the dangers of credit card abuse. A worthy counter-marketing campaign, though someone should give them some more money so they can give out free tshirts too, and at least match their opponents’ irresistible offerings.
Counter-Marketing Campus Credit Card Pushers
By consumerist.com October 11, 2007
More From Consumerist
- Colleges Warned About Making Secret Deals With Credit Card Companies
- Discover Card Program Rewards Students Who Get Good Grades. Is That Legal?
- Failed For-Profit College Operator Ordered To Pay $1.1 Billion For Predatory Practices
- Aldi Will Accept Credit Cards Nationwide Starting Today
- JPMorgan To Pay $100M To Settle Unlawful Debt-Collection Allegations In California