PIRG volunteers are manning booths in campuses nationwide designed to look like fictional “FEESA” credit card stand, BusinessWeek reports, except passing out lollipops that say “don’t be a sucker” and informational brochures about the dangers of credit card abuse. A worthy counter-marketing campaign, though someone should give them some more money so they can give out free tshirts too, and at least match their opponents’ irresistible offerings.
Counter-Marketing Campus Credit Card Pushers
By consumerist.com October 11, 2007
- out in the open Colleges Warned About Making Secret Deals With Credit Card Companies
- judgment day Failed For-Profit College Operator Ordered To Pay $1.1 Billion For Predatory Practices
- time to pay JPMorgan To Pay $100M To Settle Unlawful Debt-Collection Allegations In California
- Getting To The Bottom Consumer, Privacy Groups Urge Federal Regulators To Investigate T-Mobile/Experian Hack
- holdouts Aldi Will Accept Credit Cards Nationwide Starting Today