On the heels of the success of their special new “not horrific tasting” coffee, Ralph Alvarez, president and chief operating officer of McDonald’s Corp, has announced that McDonald’s is exploring “destination beverages,” as part of a new strategy to provide drinks that don’t suck. “Destination beverages” include iced coffee, smoothies, and other “specialty coffee” items. Providing coffee that doesn’t taste like burnt cat hair has sent sales soaring 15%.—MEGHANN MARCO
McDonald's To Sell Smoothies and Iced Coffee?
More From Consumerist
- Starbucks Will Start Offering Stevia Product Along With Other Sweeteners
- McDonald’s Tests Having Customers Make Their Own Darn McCafé In Chicago
- Judge Dismisses Lawsuit Accusing Starbucks Of Putting Too Much Ice In Iced Coffee
- Lawsuit Claims Starbucks Is Putting Too Much Ice In Iced Beverages
- Grumpy Cat Is Also A Legal Eagle, Files Copyright Lawsuit Against Coffee Company