This is a couple years old, but we’re posting it for two reasons: one, it’s Stephen Colbert interviewing his daughter, demonically possessed by Getty Oil. It’s adorable and worth a chuckle.Two, the point the segment makes is as pertinent as ever: if gas stations can lower their prics by thirty cents and find business and profit booming, exactly why aren’t gas prices thirty cents lower per gallon? Oh wait… greed. Right.
Stephen Colbert Versus High Gas Prices
By consumerist.com October 3, 2006
- less pain at the pump Gas Prices Get Low, Stay Low: You Could Be Paying Under $2 Per Gallon Soon
- Are The Rewards Really Worth It? Gasoline Credit Cards Might Not Be Worth The Hassle, High Interest Rates
- just stay in the car New Jersey Won’t Get Self-Serve Gas Pumps Anytime Soon
- hot ticket items Bidding Is Open For The Microwave Stephen Colbert Stole From Bill O’Reilly
- north of the border Motorists Swarm Over Border With Mexico To Get Cheaper Gas… In California