Last week we reported on US Energy doing a little hit and run salesmanship of their natural gas delivery service.
Here’s a roundup, thanks mainly to reader Jim, of other watchdog articles tracking the besmirched hatbands of these porch Johnnies. The articles refer to Direct Energy, another reseller using similar methods as US Energy.
- Overview article from 2002 about door-to-door energy resellers and their unscrupulous tactics.
- Direct Energy Fined over forged electricity contracts
- Province told of Direct Energy consumer concerns in U.S.
- From Texas to Ontario, energy consumers have been stung.
- Direct Energy says it reacts to consumer complaints swiftly
- Alberta government welcomes Direct Energy!
Previously: A Long Con Doesn’t Go Very Far thread