It would appear that losing an arm to an animatronic bear is now the second-leading injury at Chuck E. Cheese. These plastic siren whistles have been recalled as a choking hazard, with reports that at least three children “swallow[ed] pieces of the plastic siren whistle,” setting the stage for the most festive asphyxiation ever.
Recall of the Week: Chuck E. Cheese’s Chokey Whistle
By consumerist.com December 9, 2005
- small parts big issues Target, Pacific Cycle Recall 129K Infant Bike Helmets Over Choking Hazards
- plastic shards Mars Petcare Recalls Cesar Dog Food For Small Plastic Pieces
- Hallo-choking hazard Target Recalls 127K Halloween Window Clings Over Choking Hazard
- mouse makeovers Chuck E. Cheese Trying To Woo Parents By Tweaking Its Food, Expanding Beer & Wine Options
- uh oh SpaghettiOs Recalled Because Red Plastic Pieces Are Not A New Flavor