Xbox Twitter Support Has No Problem Implying You Have A Small Penis

Usually when you make a crude joke to a mega-corporation’s Twitter account, it goes ignored or responded to with a robotic, “Thanks for your support!” kind of message. But at least one person at Microsoft has a sense of humor when it comes to sassy Twitterers.

Last night, someone Tweeted to the @XboxSupport account:

i fucked my xbox 9 months ago and today a windows phone popped out of the disk drive. is this Technological Breeding or what

Within minutes, “Philip” from XboxSupport zinged the customer back:

Sorry, we don’t recommend putting small foreign objects into the Xbox 360 console.

At the very least, it’s evidence that XboxSupport is reading your Tweets… Or Microsoft’s artificial intelligence has reached a creepy level of complexity.

[via Reddit]

Comments

1. Coffee says:

Hahahaha…that’s hilarious, and good on that now-fired person who had a sense of humor. Would read again.

• Coleoptera Girl says:

I’d bet that the guy/gal had already put in the 2 weeks notice… I absolutely want to do something along the same lines when I drop my retail job. Not sure what it’ll be yet…

• Amp says:

While it’s pretty amusing to think someone’s ‘hitting the slide,’ I’m guessing they saw it as an opportunity for some free publicity, with The Internets doing all the legwork in spreading it around.

For yourself, you could always look to the classics for ideas… Or crowdsource the Consumerist hive mind, I’d love to contribute a few!

2. Awesome McAwesomeness says:

Philip is awesome.

3. rookie says:

Gonna follow Philip…

4. Maltboy wanders aimlessly through the Uncanny Valley says:

Foreign? Is it because I’m not circumcised?

• SerenityDan says:

You do know that most people in the country are NOT circumcised right?

• Jawaka says:

in which country?

• GoldVRod says:

The country. Where the cows and fields are. No nobby choppy there.

• SerenityDan says:

The United States, you know where Consumerist is centered and all about? I didn’t think I had to specify when this is a website about American consumer issues.

• TacoDave says:

Um, SerenityDan – you are wrong. There aren’t firm statistics because there isn’t a governing body that tracks circumcisions, but most medical professionals say about 75% of American males are circumcised.

Unless by “most people” you were including women. Which is a viable alternative, but not likely.

• SerenityDan says:

Where do you get your info? The New York Times even reported in 2009 that the Circumcision rate in was down to 32%

• JJFIII says:

I guess you do not understand that circumcision rates in 2009 will not mean MOST people are uncut until those who were circumcised in years prior are no longer alive. If not a single person was circumcised for the next five years, the number would still sway heavily to MOST US men being cut.

• Weekilter says:

If my gym is any indication you are absolutely wrong. 98% of the people I see in states of undress at my gym don’t have that natural addition.

• MarkFL says:

Lack of circumcision does not indicate whether or not you are a foreigner.

Unless you’re having the conversation in Israel.

5. sjb says:

Its a normal occurrence, kids like to stick foreign objects into it. Should hear the other prank calls that happen.

6. Blueskylaw says:

I have a condition called micro-penis and you look like like you’d be a perfect fit for me.
    But seriously, this was Tweeted at 10:09 PM and the Xbox Support guy was probably in bed when his red phone went off signifying a Tweet that needed responding too.

• MathMan aka Random Talker says:

Or at a bar where many things start to seem like a better idea as the night goes on.

7. Important Business Man (Formerly Will Print T-shirts For Food) says:

“So, we just wanted to ask why you left your previous employment, sir.”

“I suggested to a customer not to insert his small penis into his Microsoft device. I thought it was good advice.”

• greendragon2000 says:

I used to work on a Microsoft contract and Yes, these calls do happen, usually either drunk frat boys or even bored kids…I remember one call I had that the caller was one of those tinfoil hat guys, he genuinely thought Microsoft was spying on him through his Kinect sensor and that we were using his Xbox for world domination….I’ve also had the penis stuck in the machine crankers too…I just advised them that they should not insert objects other than game disks into the console for theirs, and their consoles safety…and that by inserting the foreign object into the console they have thus voided their warranty and we will not furnish a replacement or repair.

8. Cicadymn says:

Well done.

9. Schildkrote says:

Consumerist: standing up for your rights against those villainous corporations.

Or posting articles about funny tweets to get that “X posts in 24 hours” count up.

We’ve got quotas to meet, people! Someone start looking for lolcat pictures that we can somehow relate to Best Buy!

10. The Brad says:

If you write a troll comment, expect a troll response. Nothing to see here, move along.

11. Claybird says:

Shows the maturity of the XBOX personnel and its players.

• Mike says:

Wait? Are you implying they should not have responded? No offense, but I think their response was perfect.

Besides, who are you comparing XBOX personnel to? Who is better? How would you have responded?

• Claybird says:

My experience with the console and its players back in 2007-2008 were not memorable or satisfying…so I have a justifiable right to dislike them.

• ferozadh says:

Mud, meet stick.

• Applekid ┬──┬ ノ( ã‚œ-゜ノ) says:

That stick sure fucked the mud good

• shufflemoomin says:

Wow, someone’s just completed the first night of “trolling for idiots” and is running before he can walk.

12. dolemite says:

Oh burn. Good one.

13. Princess Beech loves a warm cup of treason every morning says:

LOL. I’d promote this guy. The response was epic.

14. Dan T. says:

It’s micro and soft.

15. some.nerd says:

Aww, and the Xbox social media person probably got fired for it.

16. AdviceDog says:

Because of this, if my X-box 360 fails, I will gladly buy another one directly from Microsoft if possible.