72 Kooz Bandz For $2.99

These silly shaped rubberbands are apparently all the rage among elementary schoolers right now, and kids.woot has a deal to get a 72-pack of Kooz Bandz for $2.99 + $5 shipping.

That includes 6 different genres of rubberbands – I didn’t even know rubber bands came in categories other than thickness and color – like Sea Life, Glamorous and Buggies.

Amazing Kooz Bandz 72 Piece Assortment [kids.woot!]

RELATED: Silly Bandz, the Bracelets That Spring Off Shelves [NYT]

Comments

1. pgh9fan1 says:

Sounds more like $7.99 to me. It’s not a good deal at all.

2. temporaryscars says:

By the time these arrive in the mail, they will no longer be popular.

3. Vanilla5 says:

A friend of mine is in Nepal for the summer, volunteering at an orphanage. She took these over to the kids there and apparently they love them just like the kids here. You can pull them and they always go back to the same shape.

4. aloria says:

I swear to God the red band on the bottom center of the image looks like a cartoon wang.

5. Robofish says:

My fiance has amassed quite a collection of them because of kids in her class bringing them in, losing them, getting them taken away etc, and then forgetting them.

It’s the new webkinz. Just with no web part

6. SexCpotatoes says:

Uh, cue the stupid religious outrage at the homophone ‘Kooz’

• Cantras says:

In what religion are the worshipers called something that is *pronounced the same* as Kooz?

• aloria says:

‘Kooz’ is supposedly slang for a lady’s nether regions, I think.

• Cantras says:

Ah. Well, having gone to a school so insane that we could not sing Eiffel 65’s “Blue” because the chorus (I’m blue, da ba dee da ba dai) might have been speaking in tongues to the devil, I don’t think they would even *know* that. Different world.

• dolemite says:

I think every word is slang for a woman’s nether regions. The kooz thing is a new one to me.

• SexCpotatoes says:

Ha, maybe I mean parental outrage at teaching kids slurs on women. Though 10 out of 10 idiotic ‘bad word!’ d-bags are super-christians.

7. Trance says:

Yay! Thanks, My neice LOVES these. I can retain my title as favorite Aunt. Yes, I buy her love.

8. mikeyz says:

As a parent, I am 100% in favor of a fad that costs at most $10 before my kids get their fill.

• Propaniac says:

Yeah, this is a silly fad like all the rest, but I like that they’re so cheap. (Not that I have any reason to actually buy them myself; it just makes me feel less irritated at the world that parents aren’t shelling out hundreds of dollars for these things.)

9. KPS2010 says:

This is a great deal saw some knock offs at Big Lots a few hrs ago selling for $2.99 a package.

10. jstlookinground says:

Are these the new sex bracelets?

11. TheWillow says:

thanks, I just sent these to my friends’ kid. Bwahaha.

Good thing she doesn’t read consumerist except she totally does.

12. rockasocky says:

Pardon my un-hipness, but what the hell do you DO with these? Is it just like, “ooh, look, i have rubber bands”?

13. jj030306 says:

kids today are so spoiled. Back in the day, we only had round rubber bands to play with……

14. Atsumi says:

I need to own the sea animal edition.

I don’t think the popularity of these have hit Missouri yet, so I can’t imagine them looking nice on.

15. Joedel263 says:

I ordered them.. (my employees like them.. yes I bribe them..) I’ve not heard of this brand though.. The official Silly Bandz are pretty sturdy.. I’ve beaten mine to hell (I have one) and it has not broken or frayed. Same goes for the Disney ones (Hallmark stores). The ones that are a dollar at walmart (googly bands and one other type) break really easily, and also are really awkward sizes (either too big or too small) and the ones mounted on a card do not survive the washing machine..