Bebo is a social network a few rungs down from Facebook, which for all practical purposes means it may as well be someone’s WordPress blog. That’s why AOL is finally admitting it missed the window for social network dominance and will sell it or close it “soon,” according to an internal memo. If you’ve been hanging on to a Bebo account and hoping the tide would turn, you might want to start checking out the other more popular social networks out there.
AOL Plans To Sell Or Shut Down Bebo
By cwalters April 6, 2010
More From Consumerist
- News Sites Consider Moving Their Content Inside Facebook (Because That Worked So Well In The AOL Era)
- Verizon/AOL Merger: Good For Their Business, Bad For Your Privacy
- Facebook’s Next Big Thing: Bringing Back That AOL Chatroom Feeling
- Whatever Happened To GeoCities, Lycos, Netscape & Other Giants Of Web 1.0?
- Verizon Buys AOL For $4.4 Billion To Create Video Content, Ad-Sharing Mega-Company