Wired reports that the government is considering a ban on the import of Burmese pythons and eight other “injurious species” of snake, because loser pet owners in Florida keep releasing them into the wild where they breed and take over. If enacted, the ban would only affect imports, not sales by breeders in the US, but prices will probably shoot up.
Buy Your Giant Snakes While They're Still Affordable
By cwalters January 21, 2010
More From Consumerist
- Delta Air Lines Bans Shipments Of Big Game Trophies
- Will Pet Stores Stop Selling Puppies Entirely?
- Unsanitary Growing Conditions Lead To Partial Import Ban On Mexican Cilantro
- CDC: 358 People In 26 States Confirmed To Have Cyclosporiasis From Cilantro
- Deal With Hershey’s Puts An End To Import Of Cadbury Chocolates