Reach DirecTV On Twitter

DirecTV is on Twitter. Tell them your problems, or how awesome they are. Whichever comes to mind first.

Comments

1. Anonymous says:

I actually vented about being screwed over by directv on my twitter account and they @replied me and ended up refunding my credit card about $160!
    pretty crazy especially because before that i felt that directv had far and beyond the most disgusting so-called “customer service” ever.

2. AppleAlex says:

Looks like Twitter will be a great only Support area

I have yet to join just because i don’t know anyone who uses it… or what it’s for

• Laura Northrup says:

@AppleAlex: Most of the Consumerist editors use it. I use it to post random thoughts in my head, or to promote things that I’m doing.

• Ben King says:

@AppleAlex: So far I’ve only seen it as a great tool to see when your friends have just eaten, thus ending the possible embarrassment of asking them to go to dinner and having them say ‘oh, i’m sorry, i just ate.’

Crises averted.

3. smartwatermelon says:

Not that they actually reply. Well, they reply to other people but not me. Whatever.

4. DustoMan says:

“…or how awesome they are”…. really? Please.

Once again, Comsumerist is taking sides. Sigh…

• XTC46 says:

@DustoMan: how is that taking sides, it says you can complain or compliment… which is true, I mean you could say random things, but thats kind of pointless.

5. jp says:

I had an on going problem (2 months) with this horrible company. Found the CEO’s email address posted here at the Consumerist. Heard back from them in 24 hours and all problems were solved. Thanks again, Consumerist!

6. ChuckTaylors says:

I had an installer steal my iPhone while on the job. Was dealing with the install company and did a Twitter post about it. DirecTV corporate contacted me within a few hours and had the installation company, Halsted, send me a check for a new phone in about two days. Brave new world fellas.

7. LegoMan322 says:

Personally the only purpose I can see Twitter for is a faster response from someone….not faster bullshit of “I just took the biggest shit ever!”

This is a fantastic idea for any company who is serious about customer service.

8. HogwartsAlum says:

DirecTV -

“I love you. Now lower your price.” TWEEET!

• doughrama says:

@HogwartsAlum: I dig DirecTV too, but they are losing our business (netflix too) in this billing cycle. My wife and I have several AppleTV’s. We have tested it against our viewing habits/demands and have decided that it meets our needs.

There are 3 downsides, none of which are deal breakers for us. No sports, gonna miss it. Shows are typically delayed by a day. No news.

Upside, we get exactly what we pay for. The standard def quality (can pay more for HD) is near dvd quality (better IMHO than what DirecTV provides.) No Commericals, ever. Dvd like functionality, pause, ff, rewind etc. We “own” the content in the same way you.

The real upside, DTV + netflix = ~1200/yr, AppleTV (for us) = ~400.

9. Joeb5 says:

I like direct tv I just want to even have more HD.

10. TakingItSeriously is a Technopile says:

I’m overall content with my service through DirectTV … my issue is that I can’t get a new promotional rate when my contract is up unless I cancel my current service, and start a NEW one with new hardware. Seems to me they’d save money just letting me get a new promotion.

11. Anonymous says:

These guys set statement dates on the date of activation, and have no ability apparently to change this date. Ever heard of prorating? You guys don’t send checks out every day, and shouldn’t expect businesses to do so for you. If your statement date causes issues, and as a result causes late fee’s for me, you should accept my request to change my statement date. Not allowing this is absurd, and only shows either your customer service agents are working diligently, or your upper management is setting policies as such, only to pull in an extra 5 bucks each month and to piss off your customers. The ability to change my statement date is a common thing in businesses. Nice job.

12. tv_guy21 says:

I’ve been thinking about switching TV providers recently and I have to say I’m pretty unnerved by DirecTV’s new customer promotion. They claim that you get 5 months of Premium programming for Free, but, they completely gloss over the fact that you have to sign up for Sunday Ticket at the same time! I love football, but I don’t want to have to pay $60/month (a total of $300 in the 5months) for it! Is it free or not?! Stop trying to pull a fast one on me! Here’s the commercial spot: [bit.ly]

13. hollywoodboy17 says:

I’m psyched for my future interactions with DirecTV. I’ve only been a customer of theirs for a little over a week, but so far they’ve screwed up my installation (3 times), misquoted prices to me, neglected to contact Qwest to set up my internet service, and hung up on me in the middle of a service call. I mean, I don’t want to get ahead of myself, but I get the feelings DirecTV and I are going to be fast friends. Thankfully I access Reference USA from a library and now have a nice list of contacts to share my love with, if only I can make it past their admins.