Wrigley Field Unloads WaMu Swag On Fans Before Its Too Late

Stacy writes:

My husband and I were at the Cubs/Brewers game at Wrigley Field last night. At the door we were surprised to be given WaMu promotional string backpack/bags. This was in addition to the announced promotion, Carlos Zambrano bobbleheads.

Anyway, I was thinking that since the WaMu stuff was unannounced, they may have given it out last night (and earlier than planned) due to the uncertainty about their future/name. Probably wouldn’t have worked later this season or next season!

(Photo: Bucklava)

Comments

1. nybiker says:

I like the picture. Can’t happen soon enough.

2. Greasy Thumb Guzik says:

WaMu swag will be worth as much as 2008 Cubs World Series tickets.
    Nothing!

3. CaptRavis says:

Ah, a new specimen for my collection of failed bank coffe mugs.

4. BrianDaBrain says:

LOL, that’s just great. They’d have to pay me to take the stuff, I think. Perhaps something good will come out of the banks-as-falling-dominoes thing in that maybe better banks that are competently managed will rise up and take over. Ah, wishful thinking.

In reality, Bank of America will soon rule the world. *cringe*

5. TechnoDestructo says:

You can take your money out of your WaMu account and keep it in the WaMu backpack.

6. rdwarrior says:

I don’t know what’s with all the WaMu hate. I’ve always only had great service at WaMu. It’s a better bank then most of the other major banks.

7. varro says:

I’m transferring my accounts over to the credit union from WaMu, but only because I don’t want Chase The Fees or Bank of Fees taking them over and deciding to put more monthly and per-transaction fees on WaMu customers used to free checking…

8. Ixnayer says:

Go with a local bank, I have 1st Mariner here in Maryland and they’re hurting a little but they have a good CEO that set them up to survive. I’ve never had a problem with them.

9. enine says:

“Go with a local bank” Most local banks contract out most of their services through one of the big banks these days so the little b anks do’t really protect you.

10. femmesavante says:

I’m really hoping Wamu stays afloat. They’ve been a great bank for me. Chase on the other hand sucked ass.

11. cliffordthered says:

Wamu has been great for me – no fees, great hours and they basically leave you alone. Wells Fargo and Citi were a ripoff.