If the website Boy Genius Report is correct, next week Verizon Wireless will start offering contract-free, month-to-month service. Pretty much everyone will be eligible for it, but of course you’ll have to pay full price for a phone or bring your own, there’ll be an activation fee that can’t be waived, and if you take advantage of any special offers that require a contract, you’ll have to switch over to a contract agreement. It’s supposed to start on September 21st.
Verizon Wireless Going Contract-Free Next Week?
By cwalters September 18, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Verizon Has Made It More Expensive To Get Out Of Your Wireless Plan Early
- T-Mobile To Dangle “Risk-Free” 14-Day Trial For Verizon Customers
- Sprint Offers To Cut Verizon, AT&T Customers’ Bills In Half If They Switch
- Verizon Gets Rid Of Contracts, Cheap Phones (For New Customers Only, Of Course)
- Sprint Will Stop Offering 2-Year Phone Contracts By The End Of This Year