Mailing Addresses For TransUnion, Experian, Equifax

Having trouble finding the mailing address for any of the three major credit bureaus, TransUnion, Experian, Equifax?

Here they are:

TransUnion
P.O. Box 6790
Fullerton, CA 92834

Experian
P.O. Box 9530
Allen, TX 75013

Equifax
P.O. Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374

(Photo: Getty)

Comments

1. allstarecho says:

I hate all 3 of them! I had an order from a Judge showing a city tax judgment on my credit report was an error. One of the bureaus removed it. The other 2 said that after further investigation, the tax judgment was found to be valid, even after I sent them copies of the the damn order from the Judge saying it was an error and no taxes are/were ever owed. As far as I am concerned, the credit bureaus can rot on the back side of my sack!

2. A little bit of advice too:

As much as this is a ridiculous monopoly, if you get a credit report generated directly from one of the major credit bureaus either through http://www.annualcreditreport.com or by buying one directly from the bureau, it will generate a reference number for the report. This reference number will allow you to speak directly over the phone to the bureaus dispute departments, thus speeding up the times it take to get a report corrected.

If you buy or order one from a third party vendor you don’t get a reference number, thus adding another middle man between you and the bureaus thus adding time for you to get results from your disputes.

3. Lucky225 says:

in my dealings with transunion, these ones work too:

Transunion
    P.O. Box 1000
    Chester, PA 19022

Transunion
    1561 E Orangethorpe Ave
    Fullerton, CA 92831-5217
    (THIS IS THEIR PHYSICAL ADDRESS, NOT A PMB I’VE DROVE PAST IT IN CALI.)

4. Montaigne says:

Sent in my free credit request. Never received a response from Equifax. Received a response from Transunion and Experian. I need to verify my address even though I have lived here for over two years and they gave the rule that they can pretty much ask whatever they want in order to send something to you. I have sent my electric bill, Social Security Card, and License as per request from them. Lets see if they send me something. I mean how many people have my SSN, live at my address for almost three years, know my birthdate, know my loan history, and have my phone number. (Sarcasm) And dont give me that carp about they are trying to protect me. I filled out the form, correctly, they sent me back the incorrect information from it. Believe me, I filled it out in proper handwriting. I agree, this triumpherate (sp.) can eat me.

5. Every year…. I dispute the same CRAP on my credit report, over and over… and every year, its somehow found valid. Even THOUGH it’s in my ex husband’s name.. the court order for divorce says what’s his debt is HIS debt, whats mine is mine. I took care of my own, he needs to take care of his.

And each YEAR, they take 60+ days to come to a conclusion that the “debts are valid.” WTH, of course they are… just not MINE.

6. aikoto says:

One time a member of Equifax (or whatever, they’re all the same) told me on the phone that they change their phone number every month to keep people from calling them. As much as these companies are hated, I find that hardly surprising.

• econobiker says:

@aikoto: And I believe that they periodically change the mailing address also for ducking mail. Maybe they each rent a group of Post Office Boxes and shift around the “request your free report” one with some other off the wall department. You would think that a company like this would want to have a permanent post office box address but that would probably not encourage “breakage” (as the rebate industry calls it) in sending correspondance to them.

7. startertan says:

Oy, I got a free credit report from Experian and it was all fine except that my NAME was wrong! Under aliases my correct name was listed. I contacted the dispute dept and they sent me a letter saying I needed to send them a copy of my SS card and a pay stub showing the correct address and my correct name. I did ALL of this. A few weeks later I get another letter saying, congratulations, we’ve fixed the error your name is [STILL THE WRONG FRIGGIN' NAME].

I said f*ck it. I’ve gotten credit cards, mortgages, etc. with no problems since my real name is an alias so I’ll just let it go.

8. Roycester says:

Two things about Credit Bureaus – when they start getting too much mail at one of these addresses, they close the box (they buy them in huge blocks)

Secondly, on incorrect items or items they fail to remove:

Dispute all of them with the credit bureaus as “not my account.” If they come back verified as ‘accurate’ you may be able to take legal actions under federal law the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Under that law, everything reported on your credit bureau reports MUST be accurate. The law allows the furnisher of that information to be sued in federal court, in many cases the attorney and court fees can be recouped. You can also get the information deleted from your credit reports and the debt forgiven, under many circumstances. There is a powerful group of consumer attorneys who are taking these FCRA cases. The best news is they can live in another state and still represent you because this is a federal case. I recommend you visit: http://www.myfaircredit.com

9. Gypsy says:

Last year I hired a “law” firm to clean up my credit report. All $0. balances except mortgage and car. The supposed law firm filed disputes across the board. Even on 0 balances. This is a nightmare now. I am trying to refinance my home on and there are disputes that are remaining after 9 months! Disputes are supposed to drop off credit bureau reports after 3 months, automactically. Fannie Mae will not make a loan on a credit report that has open disputes. This is the only thing standing in my way. The credit reporting agencies need to be held accountable and be sued for the damage they cause consumers. Who protects these morons? It’s time there is solid legislation in place to clean up their messes. Equifax, Experian, and Transunion have carte blanche to do as they please because no one has the knowledge on how to deal with these all mighty idiots!

10. marine says:

I have a major complaint about experian I tryed to get my credit scores from an ad on a web page and had trouble with something in trying to get it so I quit, and loandbehold the next thing I know I had payments coming out of my checking account for credit reports and ID protection that I never signed up for and never received so watch out for these ripoff artists