What Common Household Products Are Potentially Killing Us Today?: We bring you some panic over dryer sheets, fabric softeners, detergents, and solid, spray and plug-in air fresheners. “When UW engineering professor Anne Steinemann analyzed of some of these popular items, she found 100 different volatile organic compounds measuring 300 parts per billion or more — some of which can be cancerous or cause harm to respiratory, reproductive, neurological and other organ systems.” Rats. [Seattle P-I]
By Meg Marco July 23, 2008
More From Consumerist
- Google Slaps Air Pollution Monitoring Systems On Street View Cars In San Francisco
- Why Is This Store Charging A Bottle Deposit On Dryer Sheets?
- Target Will Double Organic, Sustainable Offerings In 2015
- Today In Professional Envy: Cheese Scientists
- Kohler Releases An Odor-Eating Toilet Seat To Make Going Number Two More Pleasant