Clean the coils on your fridge monthly to save energy and extend the life of the appliance. “Clean the coils by brushing them off or by using the brush attachment on a vacuum cleaner. If the coils are behind a grill, remove the latter and use a brush made just for this purpose.” [Chattanooga Times Free Press]
More From Consumerist
- Is Tide Oxi Really The Super Cleaning Agent That The Blonde Property Brother Says It Is?
- Separating Gimmicks From Good Ideas In New Household Appliances
- Whirlpool Wants To Sell You A $500 Laundry Machine That Doesn’t Clean Your Clothes
- 5 Food Prep Tips For Reducing Pesticide Risks
- Reconsider Keeping A Second Refrigerator In Your Garage