Video Of Old TV Production Company Logos

Here’s a video that consists entirely of logos from various TV production companies.

We’re inexplicably drawn to this sort of thing. Maybe it’s our fascination with marketing and advertising. Maybe it’s nostalgia for Ubu. He’s a good dog.

Anyhow, we enjoyed this video. We hope you do too. (If you happen to understand why you enjoyed it, let us know. We’re still trying to figure it out.)

Comments

1. blue_duck says:

That was a wonderful way to kill a few minutes at work :)

2. TechnoDestructo says:

Most of those were done using Scanimate or tools like it.

[en.wikipedia.org]
    [scanimate.zfx.com]

3. Amelie says:

That was cool. I haven’t seen some of them since I was a child. I guess being from the metropolitan New York area helped as there were a lot of local logos.

4. Thaddeus says:

That really takes me back. Loved seeing the children’s television workshop one. Lots of nice PBS memories there. Thanks.

5. Smashville says:

That was intriguing…except they weren’t all production company logos…some were just Saturday Afternoon Movie intros.

6. fizzball says:

If logophilia is love of words, what’s the love of logos?

Here is PBS’s logo history.

7. Bunnymuffin says:

The music made me smile, I reconized more than I thought I would.

8. homerjay says:

After seeing that HBO one I was hoping they’d run the long HBO “Feature Presentation” from the 80′s where they built that huge model and did the flyover…

Here it is:

[www.youtube.com]

Oh Good God! What have I done! Now I’m gonna have that song stuck in my head all week.

9. IndyJaws says:

@homerjay: Thank you!!!

Yeah, now stuck in my head.

10. This really took me back. I first saw it on this site you guys really need to check out called Defamer.

(backs away slowly)

11. valkin says:

I loved it. Too bad they didn’t have all the PBS logos like this one, which is my favorite:
    [www.youtube.com]

Nice to remember which shows these went to, too. For me, WGBH Boston is forever associated to the show, ZOOM. ITC did the Muppet Show, UBU did Family Ties, Steven J. Cannell (My favorite ending) did the Rockford Files, the A team and the Greatest American Hero.