Sorry, AirTran, your hostile takeover failed. An investment group lead by Northwest Airlines will buy Midwest Airlines, taking the airline private. The fate of the chocolate chip cookies is unknown. [Washington Post]
More From Consumerist
- Delta, American, United & Southwest Face Passenger Lawsuits Over Alleged Collusion For Higher Airfares
- Airline Group Backs Away From That Whole “Carry-On Bags Should Be Smaller” Thing
- Consumers Have Filed 75 Antitrust Lawsuits Against Delta, American, United & Southwest Airlines Since July
- Is Consolidation On The Horizon For Budget Airlines?
- Airline’s Pilots Warn Passengers Of Safety Concerns