Some Belkin Wireless Owners May Be Entitled To Full Refunds

If you bought one of 37 Belkin wireless products between October 13, 2002 and February 5, 2007, you may be entitled to a full refund.

A recently settled class action suit contended that Belkin’s products don’t achieve their advertised level of throughput.

Product List (PDF)
Class Action Notice
Claim Form

Restrictions apply:
• You can claim 2 products for a full refund or 3 products for 50% off discount codes
• Must provide legible copy of receipt to get a full refund
• If you don’t have the receipt, you can still claim the code

Semi-decent results from a class-action settlement, better than the usual “$5 off your next bucket of chicken!” — BEN POPKEN

(Thanks to ichibanjay!)

Comments

1. amalgamator says:

that sucks, I have a product, but no receipt. How long am I supposed to keep every little receipt? I figured what’s the point after the warranty is up…

2. vr4z06gt says:

thats my thought, i still have the box fully intact with EVERYTHING in it…EXCEPT the F*cking Receipt….Figures.

3. 300sd says:

what do you do without a receipt??? Who keeps their receipt from more than 1 year ago?

What does it mean “If you don’t have the receipt, you can still claim the code”

4. MickeyMoo says:

is that 50% off their over inflated “retail” price on the website that they routinely offer 50% off coupons online for?

5. 300sd says:

read some more, without a receipt you get: “If you are unable to provide a sales receipt, you may still be eligible for a 50% promotional discount toward the online purchase of up to three new Belkin Wireless Products priced at up to $300.00 each.”

6. breny says:

Sweet! I know I have the receipt, I’ll just have to find it. Now I have to remember WHEN I bought it.

7. ShadowFalls says:

I’m better off since I did not buy Belkin garbage… They should stick to making cables.

8. LatherRinseRepeat says:

Belkin makes good KVM switches.

But all of their consumer level products are junk.

9. cde says:

Time to fire up teh Photochop

10. timmus says:

What good do SKU numbers do? How about a list of models?

This is like saying GM has recalled the following vehicles: VIN 1X845838123835 through 1X845848458829, without a make, model, or year.

Is this Belkin trying to cut down on claims through obfuscation?

11. elavender says:

I went through 2 Belkin Wireless routers in less than a year. I’m glad someone finally got a class action from them. Too bad for me because I have since destroyed those two [P.O.S.] devices.

Well I hope those who do still have their devices can manage to get a refund and go for a different product. Anything Belkin + Wireless = TROUBLE.

12. KenyG says:

I have bought one of the crummy wireless routers on the list. I don’t have the receipt, I am wondering if I really want 50% off another crummy Belkin product.

13. vr4z06gt says:

@KenyG:

fleabay it. Buy some thing that max’s out your coupon they wait a few weeks to a month and then fleabay it. Put some cash in your wallet.

14. Fairplay says:

Yay, I says gloatingly – I bought 2 crappy wireless cards that never did work, and I still got the receipt!

15. quagmire0 says:

The whole receipt policy is totally lame. Who would have a receipt from 2002?!?!? They *should* have to refund you 50% of the retail price if you don’t have a receipt.

16. gershinator says:

Consumerist just got me back $113.99 for a pre-n router from 2005. And I was pissed when the price went down to $89.99 2 months later.

Not any more!!

17. djxspike says:

so is it 3 SEPARATE 50% off cupons? for up to $300 per cupon? Can you only use it on wireless equipment or could i use it on other Belkin products…

18. nutbastard says:

i think you should have to return the damn thing. if you aren’t happy with it, and you want your money back, you shouldn’t get to keep it. If you are happy with it, i think you are obligated by ethics to not take the money. but what am i saying? this is the most litigious nation there is, everyone thinks they are entitled to something they aren’t.

19. mdlorenz says:

Always make sure to check with the store you purchased it form… I didnt’ think that I had the receipt, but I called Best buy & they printed it out for me, form 3 yrs ago!!!… woot!!!

20. Yeebles says:

does this apply to the UK? Cause our Belkin router needs replacing as it can barely reach my room or deliver the speed of our broadband.

21. Megan Trigg says:

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is EXACTLY why I staple the receipt on to the front cover of the user manual, and then put the user manuals into my filing cabinet. Organization pays off once again!

(Also, I’d like to note that my receipt says I bought it on 2/1/07. Thank goodness I didn’t wait till the following week!)

22. gamabunta says:

When it comes to receipts I usually do one of two things:

1. Stick them in the box for the item I purchased.
    2. Scan them. It’s a lot easier to scan them the day you bought the item and annually back them up to CD by month/year/etc..

I bought the Pre-N router and card and have always noticed slow speeds but never thought I would be able to get all of my money back.

23. Barron says:

From the Class Notice:

Belkin will publish a Promotional Discount Code on its website, and will e-mail a Promotional Discount Code to each Settlement Class Member who, on or before the 180th day after the date of this Class Notice, has registered to receive one by e-mail.

Anyone know how to register for this? I can’t find any help in the Class Notice or on Belkin’s website.

24. Trackback says:

Look what I dugg up – Techie Diva Pool Treadmill Swim Current Generator Keeps You in Place – Born RichStalker remotely controls family cellphones, even when they’re off – EngadgetCath Kidston’s floral and star print gadget cases – Shiny ShinySlide show: Getting fitted for LiveWires custom earphones…