File A Complaint With The FCC

If you have a complaint about anything that happens over a wire or is otherwise communicated, you can file one with the FCC. Telephone, cable, debt collectors, and more all fall under their jurisdiction.

You can file online, or call 1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322) Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET.

We’re not sure what it will do besides create a record, but there you have it. — BEN POPKEN

Want more consumer news? Visit our parent organization, Consumer Reports, for the latest on scams, recalls, and other consumer issues.