Salmonella Peanut Butter Still Stalking Nation's Children

People. You need to toss your Peter Pan or Great Value brand peanut butter if the jar says “2111” on it. The plant that produced the peanut butter has been closed for 3 weeks, but cases of salmonella linked to the peanut butter continue to rise.

Stop eating the damn peanut butter. It did not cost you $10,000. You can send the jar to ConAgra and get a new one. It is not special rare peanut butter. Eating it will not give you magical powers. It will give you salmonella. That is all. —MEGHANN MARCO

Nearly 50 salmonella cases now linked to peanut butter in N.Y. [WSTM]
More cases of salmonella found in Colorado [9News]
(Photo: stopnlook)

PREVIOUSLY: Recall: Salmonella in Peter Pan Peanut Butter

Comments

1. The Walking Eye says:

But if I eat it, I can sue…

2. ElizabethD says:

And, anyway, they should all be buying Teddie brand all-natural peanut butter instead. No sugar! No shortening! Just peanuts and some salt. Mmm-mmm good. Accept no substitutes.

3. lincolnparadox says:

Salmonellosis is not a fun food-borne illness, either. It’s almost a guaranteed hospital stay, while they pump you full of fluids and maybe antibiotics to stop you from puking and crapping yourself.

Put down the peanut butter, and just walk away.

4. ElizabethD says:

@The Walking Eye:
    Or, rather, your surviving relatives can sue.

5. Scazza says:

@ElizabethD: it will prolly be the best contribution he ever gave to them anyway.

(im joking… just couldn’t resist)

6. CapHwys says:

The problem is that most people who ate the suspect peanut butter before the recall didn’t get sick. And these people continue to eat the peanut butter cause they think if they didn’t get sick before, then that means they won’t get sick eating the rest.

I had to convince my mother in law to toss the rest of her peanut butter, even though she ate 95% of the jar.

7. Art Vandelay says:

I have a jar of the tainted batch in my pantry that I’m holding on to while researching how to turn it into a pigeon final solution.

8. legotech says:

Is this darwinism in action? People too stupid to listen to the repeated warnings on television, in print, and on the ‘net eat the peanut butter and are then removed from the gene pool?

reg

9. Elaine Chow says:

Well, not everyone watches the news all the time (especially in this culture), so it’s not that surprising.

Especially if, like in Rochester (definitely, that place is a dump), the people tend to be lower income, predominantly minorities, not always good at English and definitely worrying more about things other than whether they should check the FDA for updates on unsafe food they bought.

So give them a break. Not everyone’s lucky enough to be that connected. And now they’re poisoned.

10. OnoSideboard says:

I’ll pay $5 plus shipping for a jar of that tainted peanut butter. I need to drop a few pounds for a wedding next month (stupid ugly bridesmaid dresses). Any takers?

11. Citron says:

Wait . . . so, you’re saying I won’t become a pyromancer? Lame.

12. Designersheets says:

I had some of that nasty stuff, it really wasn’t pleasant. I was sick for 2 days, in bed just vomiting and sleeping. Trust me, save yourself the trouble and go to the gym!!!

13. @legotech: If this is Darwinism in action, then Darwin is trying to kill a lot of Wal-Mart customers. Great Value is a Wal-Mart house brand.

Say, has anybody done a study comparing the IQ of Wal-Mart shoppers to the populace at large?

I’m just saying…