detergent dangers

(Orlando Sentinel)

7-Month Old Boy Dies After Eating A Laundry Detergent Pod

In a tragic reminder of how very important it is to keep brightly colored, squishy detergent pods that resemble candy away from children, a 7-month-old boy died after eating one in Florida last week. In this case, it didn’t matter what kind of container the pods were in (like these clear, easy-open Costco bins), as the child reportedly took only a moment to snag one of the packets from the laundry basket his mother had place them in. [More]