actually it’s extruded polystyrene

United's new cup.

United Airlines Realizes It’s 2014, Ditches Styrofoam Coffee Cups

First of all yes, dear readers, Styrofoam is a trademarked name for insulation and what we really mean when we use the lowercase word is “extruded polystyrene.” Moving on: Joining the rest of the 21st century in an aim to “go green,” United Airlines says it will stop using styrofoam coffee cups in its lounges and on flights. [More]