Finders doesn’t always mean keepers: A judge has ruled that woman who picked up a painting by Renoir for $7 at a flea market must give it back to the Baltimore Museum. It turns out that the piece was stolen in 1951, and as such, still belongs to the museum. Hey, at least she has a story about owning a great work of art for a little while, at least. [via The Wire]
Woman Must Give Back Stolen Renoir She Scored On The Cheap At Flea Market
- dude that's my truck Police Paperwork Mistake Screws Over Victim Of Car Theft & Man Who Unwittingly Bought Stolen Vehicle
- what's mine is not yours Police: Squatter Stole $300,000 In Art From San Francisco Mansion
- no parking Do Food Trucks Have A Right To Compete With Nearby Restaurants?
- kittystarter You Don’t Need To Wait Until February To Get Your Cute Kitty Egg Mold
- playing for keeps Supreme Court Lets Yale Keep $200M Van Gogh Stolen By Bolsheviks In 1918