Reader Peter noticed an ironic disconnect between the message on the front of this reusable bag proclaiming, “Buy Fresh, Buy Local, Northern Virginia” and the country of origin listed on the label inside. Yep, it’s China. “Thought you’d enjoy the attached photo promoting our fine Northern Virginia products,” writes Peter. “Apparently though you have to travel overseas to get a good bag to put them in.” That’s right, these days, even our local pride is imported.
Shopping Bag Exhorting You To "Buy Local" Is Made In China
By Ben Popken May 24, 2011
More From Consumerist
- Where To Get Free (Or Discounted) Coffee For National Coffee Day Sept. 29
- Target’s Fuzzy Math Spreads To Dollar General
- IKEA Recalls 1.7 Million Topple-Prone Dressers In China After Media Frenzy
- How You Can Actually Save Money At An Outlet Mall
- Can You Safely Wash Fine China In The Dishwasher? Maybe.