Reader Peter noticed an ironic disconnect between the message on the front of this reusable bag proclaiming, “Buy Fresh, Buy Local, Northern Virginia” and the country of origin listed on the label inside. Yep, it’s China. “Thought you’d enjoy the attached photo promoting our fine Northern Virginia products,” writes Peter. “Apparently though you have to travel overseas to get a good bag to put them in.” That’s right, these days, even our local pride is imported.
Shopping Bag Exhorting You To "Buy Local" Is Made In China
By Ben Popken May 24, 2011
- hey consumerist Did Target Stop Selling Miracle Whip? Depends On Where You Live
- made in sweden IKEA Recalls 1.7 Million Topple-Prone Dressers In China After Media Frenzy
- fuzzy math Target’s Fuzzy Math Spreads To Dollar General
- is anyone listening to me Who Am I Supposed To Call When My Credit Card Info Is Stolen?
- in the outlet mall How You Can Actually Save Money At An Outlet Mall