If you can’t get rid of annoying telemarketers, you can at least make a profit off them. Under Federal law, they have to give you a written copy of their “Do Not Call” policy for free if you ask them to. If they don’t, you can take them to court and sue them for a cool statutory $500. Here’s a sample script for doing this from a guy who has sued several telemarketers over this violation and won.
Telemarketer Won't Show "Do Not Call" Policy? You Can Sue For $500
By Ben Popken May 6, 2011
- shutting them down Feds Halt Tech Support Operation Accused Of Bilking Millions From Consumers
- let's try this again Anti-Robocall “ROBOCOP Act” Gets New Life In Senate
- Paying Up Santander Bank To Pay $10M Fine Over Alleged Illegal Overdraft Practices
- Not the right business approach Feds Sue To Halt Illegal Solar Panel Telemarketing Operation
- outsourcing the outsourcers As Expected, Robots Are Taking Over Call Center Jobs