If you can’t get rid of annoying telemarketers, you can at least make a profit off them. Under Federal law, they have to give you a written copy of their “Do Not Call” policy for free if you ask them to. If they don’t, you can take them to court and sue them for a cool statutory $500. Here’s a sample script for doing this from a guy who has sued several telemarketers over this violation and won.
Telemarketer Won't Show "Do Not Call" Policy? You Can Sue For $500
By Ben Popken May 6, 2011
- have you considered a time-share? “Travel Club” Telemarketer Fined $2.96M For Robocalling Consumers
- go away A Telemarketer Explains How To Banish Telemarketers
- shutting them down Feds Halt Tech Support Operation Accused Of Bilking Millions From Consumers
- Paying Up Santander Bank To Pay $10M Fine Over Alleged Illegal Overdraft Practices
- Robo No More FCC Proposes Giving Consumers Right To Block Telemarketing Calls & Texts