On the back of news that SETI, an array of satellite dishes that search for extraterrestrial intelligence, would be shut down, John at Î¼cosmologist put together a infographic to compare the cost of running it against other things. For instance, it costs $2.5 million a year to run one SETI satellite, while one Predator drone costs $4.5 million. A Citibank exec’s bonus? $19.3 million. And if just a small part of the $10.7 billion Starbucks made last year was put aside instead of paying for their employee’s health insurance, we’d have ET’s whole city in the bag. In comparison, continuing to send and seek out bleeps into a silent and uncaring void isn’t that much. Check out the full version here, and stick around for the money shot by scrolling all the way to the bottom.
Cost Of Funding SETI vs A Citibank Exec's Bonus
By Ben Popken May 4, 2011
- Deception Doesn't Pay Citibank Must Pay $700M Over Illegal Marketing, Collection Practices
- Free Scores And Higher Fees Citibank Raises Fees For Accounts, But Plans To Offer Free Credit Reports To Some Customers
- cracking down on unfair practices Discover Bank Must Pay $18.5 Million Over Illegal Student Loan Servicing Practices
- the future is soon Could New DirecTV Streaming Service Be A Replacement For Satellite TV?
- comcast The Future Will Not be Televised: Comcast’s Merger Plans are All About Broadband