Looks like the death of Osama Bin Laden this Sunday took some “fear factor” out of markets, which greeted the news favorably. Pressure at the pump could be relieved a bit with oil falling 0.7% to $113.23. Gains were seen across several markets, with the Dow Jones up .5%, the S&P up 5 points and the Nasdaq moving forward 7 points. However the surge could evaporate easily, even by end of day, as the euphoria wears off. And if Bin Laden’s death leads to retaliatory attacks, you can be sure those gains will be erased, and then some.
Bin Laden's Death Greeted By Falling Oil Prices, Market Gains
By Ben Popken May 2, 2011
- spy games Clothing Recycling Group Busts Collection Bin Thief With GPS Hidden In A Teddy Bear
- time for "me" time A Bunch Of Patriotic-ish Movies You Can Stream If You’re Stuck Indoors This July 4th
- making room Airline Industry Proposes Ideal Bag Size For Overhead Bins
- yay america Study Spoiling 4th Of July Fun Says Fireworks Release Harmful Particulates Into The Air
- covert coffee There Are No Names On The Cups At The CIA’s Starbucks Because It’s The CIA’s Starbucks