Just like with voice traffic, AT&T and Verizon have to let smaller competitors use their network for data roaming, the FCC today ruled. This would let wireless users clean their inboxes of spam and look up the capital of Greenland in less than 5 minutes of loading, just like they would at home.
AT&T, Verizon Have To Let Smaller Rivals Use Network For Data, Just Like Voice
By Ben Popken April 7, 2011
More From Consumerist
- What The Heck Is 5G Anyway, And Why Does It Matter?
- AT&T, Verizon Tell FCC That They Should Be Able To Block Texts When They Want To, For Your Own Good
- AT&T Copies Comcast, Lets U-Verse Customers Pay $30 To Avoid Data Caps
- Verizon Announces $20/Month Bill Increase For Few Remaining Unlimited Data Plan Customers
- Sprint Promises To Actually Cut Your Bill In Half This Time, Maybe