Is your salad bar ripping you off? The New York Times Magazine investigated and found that ingredients at the salad bar, like cucumber, were 70% more expensive at the salad bar than if you had bought them from elsewhere in the store. So how do you get the best deal when you’re forking lettuce down your gullet? For one, go for the baby spinach and mesclun to get the best value, ladle on the cost-effective sun-dried tomatoes and go nuts on the toppings. These little guys will take a far bigger premium from your wallet off the shelf than from the lettuce trough.
How To Game The Salad Bar At Whole Foods
By Ben Popken March 25, 2011
- skipping the deli today Whole Foods Recalls Prepackaged Chicken Salad, Pasta Salad Over Possible Listeria Contamination
- the green stuff Domino’s Is Adding Salads To The Menu Nationwide
- great sunflower seed recall of 2016 Sunflower Seeds, Snacks, And Salads Recalled For Possible Listeria Contamination
- happy endings Family Finds Free Lizard Inside Bundle Of Salad Greens, Brings It To Live At School
- get out of here Chick-Fil-A Test Kitchen Refuses To Have Anything To Do With Iceberg Lettuce