Stumbling book store chain Borders has said that it would delay payments to landlords and vendors for the 2nd month in a row. In a terse press release, the company said the move was meant to “help the company maintain liquidity while it seeks to complete a refinancing or restructuring of its existing credit facilities and other obligations.” In other words, they’re trying cling to cash and stave off bankruptcy. Borders also announced receiving a $550 million loan from GE Capital. Better keep pushing those loyalty cards to customers that could become worthless pieces of plastic if the company goes belly up, Borders clerks, you’re our only hope! Customers, if you got a Borders gift card for Christmas, now might be a good time to cash it in.
Borders Delays Payments To Vendors For 2nd Month
By Ben Popken January 31, 2011
- radioshack gift cards Use Your RadioShack And Deb Gift Cards Right Now
- short this month RadioShack Putting Off Paying Rent For Some Stores In Midst Of Restructuring
- the fall of an industry Texas-Based Retailer Hastings Files For Bankruptcy; Looks To Sell 126 Stores
- not a rerun Your Borders Gift Card Is Now Worthless: This Is Not A Repost From 2011
- pay less Payless Delays Severance Pay For Employees Until At Least May 9