Are you dress-SOX compliant? Swiss bank UBS has passed out a 43-page book to employees at 5 of its branches telling them what to wear and what not to wear.
- Wear a stylish haircut as studies have shown them to increase your popularity
- Wear dark grey, black, or navy blue suits, as they “symbolize competence, formalism and sobriety.”
- Wear black knee-high socks if you’re a man, as you want to avoid showing any skin when you cross your legs.
- Wear a watch as they suggest “reliability and great care for punctuality.”
- Eat garlic and onions
- Wear black nail polish or nail art
- Wear short skirts
- Have visible underwear
If successful, the style guide could be implemented bank-wide.
Have you ever gotten in trouble at work for breaking a dress code? How did you deal with it?