Do you rent? Better know your rights. Here’s a state-by-state guide with links to statutes for both landlords and tenants. If you want to negotiate down your rent, get a drippy ceiling fixed, fight an eviction, or squelch a noisy neighbor, first bone up on your renter law.
Know Your Renter Rights
By Ben Popken December 7, 2010
- on the table Should A Landlord Be Allowed To Repeatedly Offer Buyout Offers To Resistant Tenants?
- what's in your wallet Landlord Demands Current Tenants Prove They Make At Least $100K To Keep Apartments
- shame on thee NYC To Publicly Shame Landlords Who Harass Tenants
- a price too high Feds Say Landlords Offered Reduced Rent For Sex, Evicted Tenants When They Refused
- hatfields & mccoys Homeowner Claims Neighbor Used A False Identity To Rent Apartment On Airbnb, Then Refused To Move Out