Do you rent? Better know your rights. Here’s a state-by-state guide with links to statutes for both landlords and tenants. If you want to negotiate down your rent, get a drippy ceiling fixed, fight an eviction, or squelch a noisy neighbor, first bone up on your renter law.
Know Your Renter Rights
By Ben Popken December 7, 2010
- a price too high Feds Say Landlords Offered Reduced Rent For Sex, Evicted Tenants When They Refused
- hatfields & mccoys Homeowner Claims Neighbor Used A False Identity To Rent Apartment On Airbnb, Then Refused To Move Out
- Blatant Disregard After 25 Years, Chicago Landlords Continue Rampant Illegal Discrimination Against Section 8 Vouchers
- proposed legislation Airbnb Tries More Self-Regulation In New York, Too
- the unwelcome mat Renters Claim They Were Evicted For Being An Interracial Couple