A new NPR investigation uncovers evidence that the controversial Arizona immigration law came to pass thanks in large part to an intense lobbying campaign by a group that stood to profit from its enactment: private prisons.
Private Prisons Worked To Pass AZ Immigration Law
By Ben Popken November 4, 2010
- pay up McDonald’s Will Pay $355K To Settle Claims That It Discriminated Against Immigrant Workers
- we value your data Verizon Employee Illegally Sold Customer Information For As Little As $50/Month
- it's getting hot in here JetBlue Passenger Arrested After Allegedly Lighting Blankets On Fire During Flight
- telling the whole truth? Scammy Used Car Dealer Also Employed By IRS
- going public Justice Department To Phase Out Use Of Private Prisons