Caffeinated vlogger John Green of the Vlogbrothers outlines the case against pennies. Namely that it costs 1.6 cents to make one, and we could save taxpayers billions if we got rid of them but don’t because of sentimental clinging. He really loathes pennies, referring to the one-cent pieces as “disgusting bacteria-ridden disks of suck that fail to facilitate commerce.”
Pennies Are "Bacteria-Ridden Disks Of Suck"
By Ben Popken September 24, 2010
- strange things are afoot Computerized Gas Station Price War Takes Prices Down To A Few Pennies In Ohio
- small change Ticked-Off NFL Player Pays $3,900 Car Shop Bill Entirely In Coins
- a penny saved is a penny hoarded Man Will Pay Dentist Bill With 45 Years’ Worth Of Pennies
- canadian overlords TD Bank Gets Rid Of Coin-Counting Machines, Makes Pennies More Useless
- tiny heists Delta Flight Attendant Charged With Sneaking 1,500 Mini Liquor Bottles To Sell On Craigslist