Caffeinated vlogger John Green of the Vlogbrothers outlines the case against pennies. Namely that it costs 1.6 cents to make one, and we could save taxpayers billions if we got rid of them but don’t because of sentimental clinging. He really loathes pennies, referring to the one-cent pieces as “disgusting bacteria-ridden disks of suck that fail to facilitate commerce.”
Pennies Are "Bacteria-Ridden Disks Of Suck"
By Ben Popken September 24, 2010
- Expensive Change Production Of Pennies, Nickels Cost Taxpayers $105 Million In 2013
- u.s. mint Pennies Are Still Useless, And Nickels Cost Eight Cents To Make
- reverse verizon math 99 Cents Only Stores Actually Charge 99.99 Cents For All Items
- small change Local Official Thinks It’s Uncool To Pay $25 Parking Ticket In Pennies, But Affirms Man’s Right To Do So
- Christmas Come Early Amazon Marketplace Glitch Brings Early Christmas To Shoppers, Nightmare For Sellers