Colleges are making bucket-loads of cash selling their alumni mailing lists to credit card companies. In some cases, they’re even getting a cut on every credit-card purchase or debit-card transaction a student makes.
Colleges Reap Big Bucks Selling Student Addresses To Credit Card Companies
By Ben Popken September 24, 2010
More From Consumerist
- Colleges Warned About Making Secret Deals With Credit Card Companies
- Discover Card Program Rewards Students Who Get Good Grades. Is That Legal?
- Under-Investigation Educators Still Received $8.1B In Federal Funds Last Year
- How Does JetBlue’s New Employee College Tuition Program Compare To Others?
- American Express Trying To Retain Costco Card Members Before Switch