These credit card thieves allegedly stole over $10 million by placing bogus charges on customers’ credit cards for amounts between $10 and $.20. Each customer was stolen from only once, spreading the theft out over a million different cardholders. Check your statements, there’s a decent chance you were one of them.
Thieves Steal $10 Million, Pennies At A Time
By Ben Popken August 27, 2010
- we need to know everything Walmart Policy Requires Customers To Fork Over Their Credit Card’s 3-Digit Security Code
- oh brother Happy Holidays: Target & Secret Service Investigating Credit/Debit Card Breach
- plastic fantastic Trio Charged With Running “One-Stop Shop” For Blank Bogus Credit Cards, Holographic Overlays
- when a stranger calls ID Thieves Also Use Call Centers To Outsource Their Scams
- crime sometimes pays Stolen Target Credit Card Info: The Perfect Holiday Gift For the Criminals On Your List