These credit card thieves allegedly stole over $10 million by placing bogus charges on customers’ credit cards for amounts between $10 and $.20. Each customer was stolen from only once, spreading the theft out over a million different cardholders. Check your statements, there’s a decent chance you were one of them.
Thieves Steal $10 Million, Pennies At A Time
By Ben Popken August 27, 2010
- we need to know everything Walmart Policy Requires Customers To Fork Over Their Credit Card’s 3-Digit Security Code
- baby steps Visa, MasterCard Working On Security Improvements To Make Data Breaches Suck Less
- when a stranger calls ID Thieves Also Use Call Centers To Outsource Their Scams
- protecting your plastic New Prepaid Debit Card Rules Add Protections, Improve Transparency; Take Effect Oct. 2017
- hack attack Do You Ever Shop Anywhere? Congratulations: Your Data Will Be Hacked